The ferry to Paris
As you can read on multiple ferry guidance websites, there are multiple ways to get you from Dover or London to Paris.
While it’s technically possible to reach Paris from London by water alone, there aren’t any direct ferry connections. 5 routes can bring you close to Paris by ferry.
The 5 best routes to Paris from Dover
- Calais-Dover – The fastest and easiest option.
- Portsmouth-Caen – Nice vessel on this route, however not a superbe option. Only interesting if you travel from cities like Cardiff, Birmingham and Liverpool. Caen is, however, close to Paris.
- Newhaven-Dieppe – Popular alternative which misses the overcrowded customs at Dover in high season.
- Portsmouth-Cherbourg – . Only interesting if you travel from cities like Cardiff, Birmingham and Liverpool.
- Dover-Dunkirk – An excellent option, but not the best to Paris as it’s a slightly longer trip to Dunkirk, and you end up a bit north of Calais. further away from Paris.